Differential Diagnosis: Identifying the Etiology of Edema
$125.00 inc GST
This lecture offers vital information for therapists to establish the source of a patient’s edema before proceeding with comprehensive decongestive therapy. Treatment may be quite different if the edema is due to an underlying disease or condition rather than lymphoedema.
This course will discuss the data that should be analysed to determine the source of unilateral or bilateral edema including specific measures, lab values, and a patient’s past medical history. Using a sample case of a patient with bilateral edema, the course will go step-by-step through the evaluation process used to determine how aggressively to treat the edema or whether the patient should instead be referred to their primary care provider. You’ll also be taught the prediction rules used to determine if a patient’s unilateral edema might be due to a deep venous thrombosis (DVT) rather than lymphoedema.
For information on our registration process, please read our FAQ (will open in a new window)
- Therapy for lipedema – Incorporating new clinical guidelinesFebruary 10, 2021 - 9:32 am
- Hot of the Press February 2021February 9, 2021 - 9:57 pm
- The Brain-Changing Effects of ExerciseDecember 17, 2020 - 6:34 pm
- Hot of the Press December 2020December 17, 2020 - 5:58 pm
- Education Resources – What is Lymphoedema and Chronic Venus Insufficiency?December 17, 2020 - 5:42 pm